The City of Columbia Human Resources Department's mission is to recruit, engage, and develop the City's workforce to meet the expectations and service needs of the citizens of the City of Columbia.
The City of Columbia is committed to open and honest government and strives to consistently meet the community's expectations by providing excellent service, in a positive and timely manner, and in the full view of the public.
The Human Resources (HR) Department is aligned with the City Council and City Manager to achieve strategic human capital objectives. HR provides consultation to the City's leadership and line management and supports opportunities to help employees succeed in their careers. HR provides proactive, innovative, and quality customer service and consultation in the areas of:
- City Policies
- Employee Relations
- Organization Development
- Procedures and Safety and Risk Management (Property and General Liability, Worker's Compensation and Employee Safety)
- Total Compensation
We continually seek new ways to improve our services and satisfy the needs of our employees, citizens, and prospective employees. On this site, you will find information on:
- Employee classifications
- Forms you may need for various human resources transactions and more
- How to apply for employment with the city
- Training opportunities for city employees
If you don't find what you need, please contact us.
Learn about the process of becoming an employee for the City of Columbia as well as additional resources.Link to page
Being employed by the City offers competitive compensation, generous benefits, and an environment that supports a healthy work/life balance. Our comprehensive benefits package includes health/medical, vision, dental, retirement, and a variety of other work/life programs.Link to page
Americans with Disabilities Act
The American with Disabilities Act requires that the City of Columbia communicate effectively and provide services to people who have disabilities.Link to page
- I don't have a computer, how can I apply for a job?
- Can I get help with completing the online application?
- How do I find out what jobs are available?
- An email address is required, what if I don't have an e-mail address?
- What if I'm interested in a position that is not currently listed?
- Who will see my application if I submit it on your website?